Frequently Asked Questions

Tax scenario planning involves taking an in-depth look at your and your family’s financial situation and your financial aspirations for the future. We then develop a strategy to help you get there by appropriately planning your income sources and deductions. We ensure you receive the maximum refund and the appropriate social benefits you are entitled to every year.

Yes, with your authorization, we can access your documents and files electronically and e-file your taxes. To get started, please complete the Intake Form.

Please complete the Intake Form which includes a list of everything you need to prepare for your tax filing.

Yes, all residents of Canada, including students, international students, those residing in Canada on a work visa, and who are 18 years or older, must file their tax declaration annually. This is to ensure that an appropriate amount of GST has been collected and for distribution of benefits such as GST and CCB.

All personal tax declarations must be filed by April 30. Sole proprietors are able to file until June 15 but any outstanding tax dues must be paid by April 30.

If you owe tax and you file your return after the due date, CRA will charge you a late-filing penalty. The penalty is 5% of your balance owing, plus 1% of your balance owing for each full month your return is late, to a maximum of 12 months. Also, your CCB and GST benefits might be postponed.